Sunday, November 9, 2008

PMC Workshop

On October 18th (seems like yesterday) I took an all day workshop taught by Marissa O'Brien on using PMC+. It was a wonderful experience. I learned a great deal about precious metal clay and how it is manipulated. To me it's like magic...You work with the clay, allow it to completely dry - and then you fire it in a kiln. WA! LA! - You have almost pure silver in the form of jewelry. It's awesome.

The workshop took place at a rubber stamp store called Absolutely Everything in Topsfield, MA. This store does have just about anything a stamper could desire and more, lots of stuff for craftors, too. I love the fact guest artists come there to do workshops.

Here is a photo of the PMC+ clay before it is fired. Two of these soon to be pendants are from a mold I made using a wonderful shell I have from Italy.

Below are pictures of completed pendants that I made at the workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit.