Friday, June 3, 2011

Painting at the Beach

Painted at the beach with a few artists from the Danvers Art Association. This was on Wednesday, the day of those terrible tornado touch downs in Springfield, MA.  It was hot and humid all day.  For us, the day started out with thunder and rain, but turned to a gray, humid and very windy afternoon. 


At the beach house I walked around experimenting with my camera.  I discovered a setting called “vivid” on my camera.  It works pretty well on a gray days. Might be too colorful on a sunny day.  I also tried the sepia setting and the black and white settings with disappointing results…I’ll have to do some more experimenting.

Here are a few of my photos from the day -















I ended up painting inside because of the wind.

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking of you when I heard about the tornado in Springfield and hoping you weren't affected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Debbie for thinking of me.

    I was upset for the people in Springfield and surrounding areas. I couldn't believe they had so many tornados touch down.

    We (north of Boston) escaped the storm completely. The sky looked weird and there was thunder. I kept watching the news, and I was bracing for at least a very bad thunderstorm - but we didn't even get that. Thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit.