Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Thoughts about my Dad...

Here is the saying I picked for my Dad's prayer cards for people to take with them from the funeral home. It seemed like something he would want us to know.  It's also, the message I would want my loved ones and friends to hold in their hearts when I pass:

I'd like the memory of me
to be a happy one,
I'd like to leave an afterglow of smiles
when life is done.

I'd like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways,
of happy times and laughing times
and bright and sunny days.

I'd like the tears, of those who grieve,
to dry before the sun of happy memories
that I leave when life is done.
***

Friends of my Father have told me that even though they really miss him they find themselves smiling when they remember the times with my Dad.  To me, that is a most wonderful legacy to leave behind. - My Dad touched other peoples lives in a true and positive way.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know you Dad & I'm all teared up and goose bumps reading this post. I miss my Daddy so much. Yet all I have to do to "see" him again is to look in the mirror because I look exactly like him.
    dot

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit.